A Bowles Heating & Cooling Maintenance Agreement
Keep You Comfortable Year Round
Regular Service Will Prolong the Life of Your System, Reduce Operating Costs, & Improve Comfort!
Servicing your heating and cooling system is just as important as servicing your car. Regular maintenance will prevent costly breakdowns and will catch minor problems before they become major headaches. It can prolong the life of your system and keep your manufacturer's warranty valid.
Restoring Lost Efficiency
The Louisiana Cooperative Extension Service, LSU Agriculture Center, and Gulf State Utility Company sponsored a study to prove the premise that preventative maintenance of residential air conditioning systems is known to restore performance and capacity, improve comfort, and lower energy costs.
Summary of the Study:
Restore capacity by 1/2 to 3/4 tons!
Improve humidity control
Reduce running time
Lower energy costs
You Need to Know:
- Even A 1/16" build-up of dirt on your coil can cut your efficiency in half.
- A 10% refrigerant undercharge will reduce a 9.6 SEER to an 8 SEER. (Texas A&M study)
- 15% return air leak in a 120 degree attic will about double operating costs.
- Installing new high efficiency condenser on an old evaporator coil will decrease SEER by 30% or more.
- 80% of compressor failures are the result of no maintenance.
- Small problems left unattended are what cause major problems.
Good maintenance programs with residential air conditioning are profitable for the homeowner. Demonstrations showed average savings of $32.76 per month based on 8.4 cents per kWh. Run-time was reduced by an average of 1.70 hours per day. Even though it was not included in the scope of these studies, preventative maintenance extends the life of air conditioning systems.
Data collected and observations made during this series of demonstrations imply strongly the need for preventative maintenance.
In conclusion, air conditioning maintenance benefits the consumer by lowering operating time and costs, improving comfort, and extending the life of the equipment.
A BOWLES HEATING AND COOLING PRECISION TUNE-UP INCLUDES:
| Heating|| Cooling|
A Final Note: